30 October 2020

Generating Interest

 


In trying to instil the same love of postcard and letter writing in my two young granddaughters, I got them to write and send a postcard to each other. Of course they both wanted the same postcard :D. I hope they both got the same thrill as I do in that magical moment when you drop a postcard into the mailbox. It's now in the postal service's hands ready to be picked up by a postie to be taken on a journey to its next destination. It's almost like it's come alive from sitting benignly in a box, to being specifically chosen, made special by having something personal written on it, and sent off with warm wishes to a new home :). 






2 comments:

  1. I hope they are enjoying mail and get hooked!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They enjoyed the exercise, and I'm definitely going to keep finding people who they can send postcards to. Thanks so much for your comment!

    ReplyDelete