09 November 2020

My First Postcard


The very first thing I received in the mail was a 3D postcard from my Godmother and Aunt Janina, who lived in Sydney. I was around 8 years old and was so much in awe of this postcard which seemed to have magical properties. I remember I kept trying to slide my finger behind the little princess and wondered why it wasn't working.

My finger just kept on going in front of her. The back of the postcard says Dla Kochany Danusi. I'm of Polish descent and my birth name is Danuta, but the affectionate term for that is Danusia. So it reads To Dear Danusi.


Much love, kisses and hugs from Aunt Janina. This postcard is about 53 years old. Ancient! 😄



4 comments:

  1. I still have the first postcard I got when I was 6-7. It was from my uncle, who was doing his military service at the moment. One day I'll upload it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh please do! We'd all love to see it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't realise Licca dolls have been around for 50 or so years. I thought they were more 80s.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I didn't know they were called Licca dolls 😄.

      Delete